Diversity & Inclusion at Athalos
As a family-atmosphere, our work environment is committed to fostering, cultivating and preserving a diverse and inclusive culture. At Athalos, everyone matters, anytime, anyplace, anywhere.
We are convinced that diverse mindsets can leverage better results through innovative and creative solutions. There is always a solution for every problem. That is why we embrace a diverse workforce. Providing equal treatment regardless of ethnicity, nationality, cultural background, physical and mental ability, political affiliation, sexual orientation, socio-economic status, religion, gender identity, age, education, lifestyle, family structure or marital status.
We know it is not only about respect, but above all about appreciating, understanding and recognizing different voices as legitimate. We listen and encourage free expression, integrating them into decision-making and problem-solving processes. We want our employees to feel welcoming and belonging every day.
By doing so, we do our best to live and breathe a happy, friendly, high-energy, high-performance and high-outcome and positive atmosphere at Athalos. We are accessible. We listen, talk, support, accept mistakes and stand up for each other to make it possible.
However, we also recognize that it is a day to day challenge to stand as an inclusive company in practice. So, we encourage our employees to keep an open mindset to embrace changes, improvements and tackle problems.
Every employee, regardless of the job role, is invited to commit and be accountable for challenging behaviors, raising awareness, building understanding and fostering reflection about unconscious and conscious biases. We want to be a role model to our stakeholders (coworkers, customers, suppliers, and communities).
Step by step, we will develop diversity initiatives on recruitment & onboarding, development & engagement, compensation & benefits, recognition and other aspects that may be applicable. It is an ongoing process to build a work environment on the premise of gender and diversity equity that encourages and ensure:
- Guaranteeing the same rights for everyone and encouraging employees to be good organizational citizens.
- Fostering a culture of trust, dialogue, emotional recognition, and acknowledging each other’s achievements as well as those of the team.
- Sensitivity to workloads and foster a balance between work and personal life.
- Leadership that cultivates a diverse and inclusive working climate, sharing the responsibility to construct an understanding of relationships and their appliance (champions of uniqueness and belonginess).
- Growth at all levels of the organization, recognizing talents and potential.
- Mentoring as a process that cultivates a trusting relationship and encourages mutual learning and empowerment between mentors and mentees.
We are committed to applying disciplinary actions to any employee found to exhibit any inappropriate conduct or behaviors against others concerning any kind of discrimination that conflicts with the company’s diversity policy and initiatives.
We want all voices to be heard. We want to empower all to achieve their fullest potential.
This is us. This is Athalos.